Better than assumptions:- Communication

CAD, Communication across disciplines has always been a rejoicing experience for me. I never see this class to be a place where I work academically as a student but I believe it is a platform for me to express my thoughts clearly and receive informative feedback for it. I sense the freedom of speech that's offered to me in this class where the environment is unbiased and encouraging towards self-betterment at almost everything. For students enrolling in CAD with Dr. Graff, it would be a worthful opportunity to develop life skills especially when it comes to communication. Communication is the tact that allows people to interact and express ideas vividly and helps others perceive you better. 


Communication works for those who work at it
-John Powell
Rhetoric as a term that was introduced from this class has helped me get more keen on it and have a consciousness of it in my day to day life. After being a part of this class I have started interpreting things differently and my approach to conversations doesn’t just limit to my needs but I have started observing situations with details. These observations have led me towards acquiring immense hidden knowledge about communication skills. Talking about my HCOM 214 class where I have to express philosophical thoughts that need intense thinking and later has to be put forth in words. CAD has helped me articulate my thoughts well and express it using appropriate language.  My thoughts could be really phenomenal but are ineffective until spoken out accurately with adequate tone and diction which I guess is something I have known to after being a part of this amazing community. Hence I feel satisfied to have gained an understanding of Rhetoric and awareness of the audience from this class.






 My Labor log has kept me in good practice of having a good insight into what is happening and allows me to distinguish what is important and which work of mine should be prioritized. This labor log has gifted me with my best locations and timings where and when I can reach to the fullest of my potential. I have started planning out stuff for me before it is executed by me which I think is an important habit that I should follow. This has made me believe that what and how much work I do isn't important but how I organize the work I do is extremely important. Since that is something which I think allows me to anticipate which work should line up first on my list. My labor log on a whole has segregated all my upcoming things in order and allowed me to approach it better and more vividly.

Comments

  1. I have also found the idea of rhetoric to be useful in my day to day life. I also find myself using my labor log, like yourself, to find the best place and time at which I work my best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see how rhetoric is used in day to day life and after reading this I see how I unconsciously use it daily, and I also agree with Rhetoric and its connection to audience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment