Emiliano's Transfer Blog 1

       
I have learned several concepts from my CAD 101-A class and each one of them I've applied to situations outside the classroom. The concept of conducting rhetorical analysis as I read other texts for different classes is something I have noticed myself doing recently. For my First Year Seminar, (Comparative Ethnic Experiences), there are parts within the book we were assigned that can be difficult to understand. On one occasion I remember a quote that took me a while to truly grasp what was being said. “I am now noting at reveille by candlelight and waiting the signal for muster...Violence leads to violence…”(Zinn p.149)." As I spoke aloud what exactly I was reading I needed to look up the definition of words like reveille and muster, to get a better understanding of the context of the sentence.

The labor log is something else that I have noticed I have been incorporating in my everyday life as well. As I read through my labor log, I find myself looking at the best place for me to study. The labor log keeps track of where and what time you have done your assignments at. By reflecting on my labor log, I've found that I focus well in my dorm and at the library. I've since been unconsciously doing my homework and assignments either at the library or in my dorm, knowing that I focus the most at these two places. The labor log is something that I have utilized for my daily life, and not just filling it out. It has taught me that not keeping track of ones progress is something that is detrimental for ones progression, in terms of learning and other activities.

Comments

  1. I think its interesting how you gave a specific example of how you looked up key words to understand the sentence. I also completely agree with you about how useful the labor log is when finding out where you study at your best and when you are keeping track of assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your transfer blog because through using my labor log I also found I am most productive at the Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that the labor log has helped me figure out when and where I focus best. And that labor logs help us with our other classes as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Better than assumptions:- Communication