There are many concepts and strategies that we have been learning in class that will come in hand for other classes and overall our daily life. For me personally while being in high school I was never taught how to find good sources specially scholarly sources. In the time I have taking this class I have learned a lot of important tools that have made me a better reader and writer.  When it comes to long readings not only assigned in this class I have learned to chunk the reading, highlight the reading, and read it several times to understand the text.  When I first started using strategies that we learned in class was in my HCOM class. For our midterm we need to present a speech. For that speech we need to resreach a topic discussed in class and use one search as one of the tools we use. At first I was so confused on what scholars sources to use or overall use good and reliable sources. I then took what I learned in my CAD class and research my topic and found reliable sources. Finally, what I have been learning in class has helped me not only in the HCOM class but it will come in handy for future papers and readings.

Comments

  1. I completely agree that this class has taught me how to research properly, i.e. finding scholarly sources. I have been able to transfer this to many of my other classes and it has proven to be a great help. I have also begun to chunk my readings in other classes and this has helped me a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that it is important to find relevant good sources. And when you say that you have learned the importance of chunk reading, I could relate more. I should have started doing that a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree i use the library tool specifically in a lot of my other classes, which is very helpful because if it weren't for this class I wouldn't have know about the online library and would have a hard time getting good scholarly research for my current and future papers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Better than assumptions:- Communication