There are many concepts that I have learned in reading and writing that have positively transferred over into my other classes. The one I would like to talk about it purpose. In reading and writing we learn not only about what we are reading, but the purpose behind what we are reading and the effect of it. This is applied in my finite math class. My teacher, Mr. Doss, emphasizes the importance of knowing the importance of understanding formulas and why they are put together the way they are instead of just memorizing them. 

For example:
y = mx + b
This is the equation of a line
It is important to know that B is where the line intercepts the y-axis. M is the slope of the line. And X is where the line intercepts the x-axis.

"B" is the point value of where the line intercepts the y axis, called the y intercept. "M" is the value of the slope of the line. "X" is the value where the line intercepts the x axis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better than assumptions:- Communication