Creating a Link Between Classes

Creating a Link Between Classes.

     Creating a link between our different classes as college students can, at first, seem like a daunting task. However, it can be as simple as just transferring the material we have learned in one class, to the next. In this way, we can approach our classes as though they are all connected by similar themes.

     In one of my classes (FYS) we were assigned to look up sources for a presentation we were going to give. Now, when my professor told me to look up sources, I did not have a clue where to start, the first idea that popped into my head was to search in Google. However, the following day, I entered my CAD101A class where we were taught how to look up and find peer reviewed, scholarly sources through the CSUMB Library's One Search, which I immediately thought would be perfect for my FYS. Since then, I have used this resource in every single one of my classes and this just shows how I have created a link and transferred learning material between my classes.


     Something that I have also found myself doing more and more is chunking the texts in which I read, or conducting descriptive outlines of my texts. This is a technique which I have learned through my CAD101A class which has also proved important to me throughout my other classes, when I have had to pick apart difficult texts.



Comments

  1. Colin,

    The images you've included in this certainly add to its appeal and ability to communicate. I'm glad to read that you're using the library's search tool as your initial stop for research now and that you're finding descriptive outlining helpful. Both are tools that I also use when I'm doing research.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Better than assumptions:- Communication