Universal language of all majors

This blog shall talk about how I have used strategies and my reading, writing skills from my Communication across discipline class towards my major which is Computer Science. I have always been asked by many about what my major is and it always is succeded by comments about how difficult and dangerous of a subject have I chosen upon. Computers and its coding have always been fascinating to me since high school because it develops your brains logic and intellect extensively. Every code I write or even think about needs a certain type of logical thinking which I believe is only possible when you train your mind to do so. From my experience, a unanimous logic does not help each time hence there is a need to develop a habit of thinking about how you think. “Metacognition” which means thinking about thinking is an extremely helpful strategy that I have learned from my CAD class. It has always been useful when I am struggling to lay down my code on paper before its execution. This strategy I learned has also helped me formulate my own logic and become much more independent and confident while writing codes. I feel the sense of being complete and in control by understanding the way my own mind works.


The image here shows one of the programs from the book “The C++ programming language” by Bjarne Stroustrup who created the C++ programming language. Programming includes different sets of languages that have to be implemented from time to time within a code and one strategy from my CAD class which talks about making connections helped me relate the different types of languages used in programming using a common background. I have also learned about predicting and visualizing text from my CAD class which has allowed me to think about an outcome for my code snippets and helps me by providing a rough start to my thought process while starting from scratch for my code. I believe my reading approach from my CAD class has helped me understand my programming questions better by focusing on the keywords which usually help me discern the question faster. I have started to understand my main purpose that is to be accomplished within the code because it helps me start laying my foundation for the main objective way before my thoughts start to jumble up.
These strategies have been of great usage for understanding programming way more easily than it could have been. Having CAD on a whole has been a worthful support to provide me with secrets to decipher any text or situation easily and has developed vigilance within me for the smallest details which we usually neglect out of ignorance. These small details most of the time have the potential to picture up the whole scenario by filling in the missing parts.

I believe this explanation allows to comprehend ways and ideas on how this language of Rhetorical approach is all-pervading and knowledge to all.   

Comments

  1. Chaitanya,

    I really appreciate the way you illustrate your metacognition by describing different strategies you use while reading about and writing code. Using colored text also helps to emphasize the important ideas in your post. I would love to have seen *specific* examples of the connections you made and the way you used predictions and visualizing in coding. That would help readers come to a deeper understanding of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Better than assumptions:- Communication